Subject: Inviting applications for appointment to the posts of Member (Grid Operation & Distribution), Member (Hydro) and Member (Planning) in the Central Electricity Authority on deputation/short term contract basis.
The Ministry of Power requires the services of suitable candidates for filling up the vacancies in respect of the posts of Member in Level-15 in pay matrix (Rs.
1,82,200 – 2,24,100)/ Rs. 67000-79000/- (Pre-revised) with ex-office status of Additional Secretary to the Government of India, in the Central Electricity Authority, New Delhi, an attached office of the Ministry of Power.
2. The appointment to the post of Member in the Central Electricity Authority is made in accordance with the provisions contained in Section 70 of the Electricity Act, 2003 available at “http://powermin.nic.in/en/content/Electricity-Act-2003” read with the Central Electricity Authority (Terms and conditions of Service of Chairperson and other Members) Rules, 2005 which are available on the Ministry of Power website
“http://powermin.nic .in/ sites/default/files/uploads/gazette_2.pdf“.
3. The broad duties and responsibilities attached to the posts of (Member (Grid
Operation & Distribution), Member (Hydro) and Member (Planning) are indicated in the vacancy circular which can be seen at http://powermin.nic.in/ en/content/ vacancies. The format, in which application is required to be submitted, can also be downloaded from the Ministry of Power website:
“http://powerm- in.nic.in/en/ content/vacancies“.
4. The eligibility conditions for the posts are as under:
(i) Maximum age limit : 58 years as on the closing date for receipt of applications
(ii) Qualifications : No person shall be eligible for appointment to the office of Member, unless he/she has held:
(a) the post of Chief Engineer or equivalent in the Level-14 in pay matrix (Rs. 144200 – 218200)/ Rs. 37400-67000 +GP 10000/- (Pre-revised) or higher post/Level in the pay matrix on a regular basis for at least 03 years and 06 months under the Central Government or a State Government. or
a post equivalent to that of a post mentioned in clause
(a) above under a State Electricity Board or a semi-Government Organisation or a Public Sector Undertaking or an Autonomous Body or a Statutory Body or a University or an Indian Institute of Technology or an Indian Institute of Management on a regular basis for at least 03 years and 06 months; and
(b) Experience: Minimum of three years’ field experience in the relevant field as defined in sub-section (5) of Section 70 of the Electricity Act, 2003.
5. The appointment shall be on deputation/short-term contract basis for a period of five years, subject to the condition that the services shall not be extended
beyond the date of superannuation.
6. The crucial date for determination of eligibility of applicants for the posts will be the closing date for receipt of applications.
7. The prospective candidates may send their applications (if applying for more than one post, separate application may be submitted for each post), through proper channel, within
45 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the ‘Employment News’/ ‘Rozgar Samachaar‘, in the prescribed format available on the Ministry of Power website
“http://powermin.nic.in/en/content/vacancies” in quadruplicate. The applications duly verified and countersigned by the Employer alongwith attested photocopies of Annual Confidential Reports/APARs for the last 5 years, Vigilance Clearance Certificate and Integrity Certificate (duly signed by an officer not below the rank of Deputy Secretary to the Government of India) may be sent to the Under Secretary (Admn.l), Room No. 225, Ministry of Power, Shram Shakti Bhawan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi-110001.
Applications received after the closing date or without the prescribed documents/ information will not be considered.